This week the gorgeous French/American pornstar Ava Addams answers our questions and tells us more about her international origins, her travels and how she sees the world.
- Soundtrack of the report
When we started our interview series, we decided to look in every directions to find people you wouldn’t expect to talk about travel but have interesting things to say about it. We thought it would be amazing to compare their answers —see all our previous interviews here. But we try to go always further and come up with original ideas. Who do you want to know more about? One of our answers was: pornstars.
I started scouting the Internet for the perfect candidate. It couldn’t be just any pornstar, there had to be more to it and we wanted to feel a connection with her. I spent a few hours looking to the personal blogs, twitter and tumblr of my favorite actresses.
When I started reading Ava Addams’ personal blog I quickly knew that she was the one we wanted to ask question to. I connected with what she reads and likes: 1984, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Fight Club, Buffy, Entourage and tattoos. And since she wrote that she loves travelling and has a very multicultural history (see question 1), I got in touch with her.
Ava was nice enough to answer our questions, tell us about what she listens to while travelling and provided gorgeous pics. We are really thankful for the time she took for us, especially since she’s caring for her newborn son —yes, she’s the ultimate MILF now.
Enjoy this fascinating interview and remember “don’t judge a book by its cover”, keep an open mind that’s a base of the Hejorama philosophy.
- Raw 5 - 2010
- Real Big Tits 5 - 2010
- Big Wet Tits 9 - 2010
- POV Jugg Fuckers 3 - 2010
- POV Pervert 12 - 2010
- Breast Worship 3: Supernaturals - 2010
- My Wife's Hot Friend 8 - 2010
- Co-Ed Confidential - 2009
- Fear Girls: Volume One - 2009
- Hardworking Heroines Tied, Gagged and Helpless - 2009
- MILFs Lovin' MILFs 3 - 2009
- Titty Sweat - 2009
- Gagged and Trussed Costume Captives - 2008
1. According to your bio you are born in Gibraltar, which is a UK territory enclosed in Spain, have French and Italian origins and grew up in Texas, USA. Could you explain how you happened to be so international?
Blame it on my parents hahaha. Everyone assumes I was a military brat when they hear Gibraltar but really my parents just enjoyed traveling and ended up there and stayed for about 5 years. Both of my parents are from France my mom having a bit of Spanish and the Italian coming from my dad's side of the family. They left France in their early 20's and lived in both England and Scotland before ending up in Gibraltar but they too traveled quite a bit before I came around and even after.
2. How such a multicultural environment influenced you?
Well I think it made me more aware at a young age that there are so many different traditions, rituals, beliefs, and values throughout the world and perhaps that is why I am fascinated with Religion, Sociology and studying all these traditions and values etc... of many Countries. As a little girl I spent summers in Spain, Morocco, the south of France, and Normandy and I got to experience so many amazing cultures at a young age. As a child I spoke fluent French, English, and Spanish but sadly when I made it to the US my school discouraged my parents from letting me answer questions in all three because they felt it was detrimental to the other student's learning. I think it's a shame that this country doesn't encourage learning one or two Foreign languages like most Countries do.
3. I read on your blog that you were expecting a baby boy, congratulations! Do you plan on traveling with your kids and show them the world from a young age?
Thank you, I am very excited and of course I plan on traveling with him! I am due Feb 28th and am already planning a trip back to France [most of my family lives there] this summer. Obviously he will be too young to remember anything but it will be the first of many travels because there are so many places I want to visit that I have yet to see.
4. Why is travel appealing to you? What do you get from it?
Like I previously mentioned studying other countries and people fascinates me and I'm also a bit of a History nerd oh and to top that off, a foodie! So it makes sense to explore as many Countries as possible and discover all these fascinating aspects one by one. Traveling is just exciting to me but also it teaches you many things and one can never stop learning and growing as a person. And of course you get amazing memories and stories that you can cherish forever.
5. What is your favourite memory of travel that you usually keep to yourself?
Hmmm to be honest I like talking about my travels and I enjoy sharing all my adventures with my friends and family. Obviously grandma doesn't need to know about travel hook ups ;) but the rest is fair game.
6. What is (or would be) your favourite filming location ?
I have yet to go anywhere to film besides California and Miami. I have friends that have been to St Thomas, Hawaii, Jamaica etc...and I am beyond jealous! If I had to pick one, I would go with the Caribbean it oozes sex appeal to me.
7. What is your best asset when you travel?
Awareness I suppose, and being open minded to other cultures and traditions and respecting them.
8. Describe your ideal place to have sex while traveling?
I'm into spontaneous sex and I have a thing for sex in public places so anywhere the moment takes me ;)
9. I saw that your recently read Shantaram where the main character escapes from prison and flees to India. Where would you flee?
I did, and what a wonderful book that is by the way. I highly recommend it. If I had to flee my first response is Costa Rica for obvious reasons such as The American dollar would last you a while, the weather is pretty much amazing year round, however they have an extradition treaty with the US so if I am "fleeing" may not be a good idea lol. Maybe I need to rethink this one...Maldives, and I could visit India-which I've always wanted to!
10. Which country do you think has the most erotic culture?
I don't think I have been to enough to answer this one fairly but certainly not the US lol
11. You have an Ankh tattoo, the key of life from Ancient Egypt. Are you aware of what’s happening there right now and what do you think of it?
I do, and yes of course I am. It's terrible I mean you have Mubarak who lives well like a king while his country's people live in poverty and he doesn't give a damn. Tunisia is having similar issues. The people finally get sick of it and realize the government is working against them and not for them and you can't expect anything but uprising and riots at that point. I watch the news on regular BBC and on French TV5 because I feel like even CNN is starting to not really tell it how it is. And when you watch those channels you get an even more gruesome and realistic views on what goes on in these countries and its appalling to be honest but it's something that everyone should be aware of. I feel like so many people don't care about what's going on outside of their own little bubble, and that's just sad.
Note: the interview was made during the peak of the Egyptian uprising and before Mubarak eventually stepped down
12. What are you projects for the future? Any travels planned?
Well before I go to France, I will probably just have a few mini work/vacations in the US. More than likely, Miami and Los Angeles. I currently live in Texas. I am on break for obvious reason work-wie but look forward to returning at the end of May/beginning of June!
Ava's travel music playlist
Lady (Modjo) will always remind me of the first time I went to Monacco because that song was playing everywhere!
Home Sweet Home (Motley Crue) because no matter what at the end of your travels you are looking forwaard to being home, and more importantly back in your own bed!
Rap Music makes me think of Florida, Club/dance music makes me think of Europe, Rock music makes me think of Cali, and anything trendy is all Vegas!
And then these are just songs I enjoy while on a train, plane or bus ride, I tend to listen to classics for some reason when I travel:
- Johnny Cash - "Orange Blossom Special"
- Patsy Cline - "Tra Le La Le La Triangle"
- The Cure - "Jumping Someone else's train" "pictures of you"
- The Rolling Stones - "Sympathy for the devil"
- Roxy Music - "A song for Europe"
- Guns and Roses - "It's so easy" "My Michelle"
- Pantera - "Cemetary gates" "Walk" "Fucking Hostile"
- Motley Crue - "Live Wire" "Dr Feelgood"
- The Smiths - "Heaven knows I'm miserable now"
- Social D - "Cold Feelings" "Ball and Chain"
- Ozzy Osbourne - "Mr Crowley" "Crazy Train"